Skylark Church can trace its roots back to 1926 when Rose Whybrow, a local lady, received a vision to start a centre to reach out to children within the neighbourhood. Land was purchased and a small facility built. From those early days the work progressed and evolved into a Church called Bethel Chapel.
In April 1996, Rick and Bev Murrill left Australia and arrived in England to lead the Church and in October the name was changed to Christian Growth Centre (CGC Chelmsford). Since then the Church has grown steadily, moved venues and has planted several churches around the UK and abroad under the banner of Christian Growth International (CGi network).
In September 2006, pastoral responsibility of CGCC was handed on to Paul and Lis Gutteridge and then in January 2013 the leadership passed to Pete & Nicki Sims and in 2016 was renamed Skylark Church.
ADDRESS | 4 Hanbury Road CM1 3AE
TEL | +44 (0)1245 255 775
EMAIL | firstname.lastname@example.org