Corona Virus Update
Dated 17 March 2020
As you will be aware, the government has introduced stricter measures with immediate effect when it comes to social distancing, travel and gatherings in order to flatten the peak of the coronavirus and protect those most at risk in our society. We have been planning and preparing for this moment for a couple of weeks and want to reassure you that, as your leaders, our top priority is to help everyone remain as safe, connected and well cared for as possible.
- On Sunday mornings we will now gather digitally instead of physically. At 10am when we would usually meet together, we will post up “Skylark Sundays” online to continue to envision, equip and encourage you to live out your faith in these extraordinary times. These can be accessed via our website or Facebook page, and we will also email a link out via ChurchSuite for those who would prefer to access it in this way. Sunday messages will also be available on our podcast as usual.
- From Monday onwards, we will also send out, via the above channels, a daily soundbite of inspiration and hope, designed to lift our spirits and to lift our gaze off all the uncertainty around us and onto Jesus. We hope this will be a blessing!
- Any life groups, smaller meetings, gatherings and events that we hold throughout the week will not be taking place in the usual way. Where possible, life groups and some other smaller gatherings will harness technology to continue to connect, pray and care for one another.
- We will endeavour to ensure that you are cared for during this period of time and would ask if you could help us with this by connecting one to another as often as you are able and by thinking of those in our church family who could be most isolated or vulnerable. It’s going to be important that we proactively care for each other rather than relying on a centralised pastoral “system” to meet our needs. To truly be the church, we each need to take ownership for loving others well within the church family and beyond into our community. Who could you text or phone that might need a friend?
- We have asked our staff team to work from home wherever possible and will be redefining job descriptions on a temporary basis to have “all hands on deck” when it comes to helping meet practical and prayer needs across the church.
- We will put together a Spotify playlist and a YouTube playlist for you to enjoy, so that we can all worship at home with some of the songs that have uplifted and impacted us so strongly in our recent Sunday gatherings.
ADDRESS | 4 Hanbury Road CM1 3AE
TEL | +44 (0)1245 255 775
EMAIL | firstname.lastname@example.org